Wonton Soup is a one dish meal. It is one of the easy soup to make especially when you have momo’s (dumplings/wontons) ready. This soup is lightly flavoured and the taste of ginger and garlic stands out in the soup. The combination of vegetables and dumplings makes it quite filling but not heavy on your stomach.The combination of vegetables can be changed to suit your taste buds. I am a big fan of this comforting soup especially during chilly winter evenings.
Yield: 4 cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1/3 cup diced cabbage
1/3 cup sliced carrot
¼ cup sliced baby corn
¼ cup chopped spring onions along with the greens
A hand full of bok choy
1 teaspoon finally chopped ginger
1 teaspoon finally chopped garlic
1 teaspoon light soya sauce
½ teaspoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoon oil
2 teaspoon of corn starch
Salt and pepper to taste
8 ready to eat momos.
Red chilli sauce to serve
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a pot. Add ginger and garlic.
- Stir and add carrot and baby corn. Stir for 2 minutes and then add the cabbage.
- Add 5 cups of boiling water, salt and pepper. Boil for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the bok choy and stir.
- Mix corn starch with a little water and add to the soup.
- Season with soya and vinegar.
- In each soup bowls place 2 momos and then pour the soup.
- Garnish with spring onions .
- Serve immediately with chilli sauce.