Vegetable & Crispy Rice Soup is a very tasty and simple soup to make without many ingredients. You can taste the vegetables in their natural avatar. The crispy rice adds texture and crunch to the soup and the spinach leaves are the high point. Try using baby spinach like I have in my Balcony Garden.
Yield: 4 cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1/3 cup cauliflower cut into big pieces
1/3 cup sliced carrot
¼ cup diced beans
¼ cup chopped spring onion greens
A hand full of spinach leaves.
½ cup of leftover rice
2 tsp oil
2 tsp of corn starch
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp Ajinomoto (optional)
Oil for deep frying
Chillies in vinegar for serving
- Deep fry the rice in hot oil and keep on a kitchen paper so that all the oil gets absorbed.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pot. Add cauliflower, carrot and beans. Stir and add Ajinomoto and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of boiling water, salt and pepper. Boil for another 2 minutes.
- Mix corn starch with a little water and add to the soup.
- Switch off the heat and add the spinach and lemon juice. Mix and pour in individual soup bouls.
- Garnish with spring onions and top with crispy rice.
- Serve immediately with chillies in vinegar.
Note: You can bake the rice instead of frying.