Cream Of Broccoli is a delicious soup and at the same time a very nutritious option for dinner. This soup is comforting and quite filling. Broccoli is packed with vitamin C and fibre. There is no wastage with this soup as the whole broccoli head, including the stalk is used to make the most of the valuable antioxidants.
Yield: 4 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients For Cream Of Broccoli Soup
1 head broccoli
4 cloves garlic
1 onion, finely chopped
1 potato peeled and grated
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup milk + more if required
1 tablespoon cream
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 tablespoon almonds sliced/flakes
A few springs of parsley to garnish
Directions For Cream Of Broccoli Soup
- Wash and cut broccoli into small florets. Cut the stalk also.
- Keep 2 tablespoon florets aside to be added later.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chopped onion and stir till golden brown.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minute.
- Now transfer the vegetables in a pressure cooker.
- Add grated potato, salt and 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime toast the sliced almonds and set aside.
- Cool and make a pure by a hand blender or in a blender.
- Transfer in a pot and bring to boil on low heat.
- Stir in the milk, 2 tablespoon chopped broccoli, pepper and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Adjust the thickness by adding more milk if required.
- Stir in the cream.
- Serve the soup topped with few almond slices, a spring of parsley.
Note: You can use grated cheese for garnishing along with the almond and parsley.