This Cauliflower Soup is creamy and at the same time a very healthy option for a cold winter evening. It is comforting and filling. Served with crisp garlic flakes and grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, this soup is relished by all.
Yield: 4 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tablespoon cauliflower cut into small florets
4 cloves garlic
4 cloves garlic sliced thin
1 onion, finely chopped
1 potato peeled and grated
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup milk + more if required
1 tablespoon cream
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
Oil for frying
A few springs of parsley to garnish
2 tablespoon grated cheese of your choice
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chopped onion and stir till golden brown.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 minute.
- Now transfer the vegetables in a pressure cooker.
- Add grated potato, salt and 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Cool and make a pure by a hand blender or in a blender.
- Transfer in a pot and bring to boil on low heat.
- Stir in the milk, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Adjust the thickness by adding more milk if required.
- Stir in the cream.
- Fry the cauliflower florets till golden brown
- Fry the sliced garlic on low heat till crisp and brown.
- Just before serving mix the fried cauliflower in the soup.
- Serve the soup topped with a few garlic flakes, a spring of parsley and grated cheese.
Note: You can bake the garlic slices and cauliflower florets drizzled with little oil, instead of frying.