Sem And Methi ki Sabji (flat green beans and fenugreek vegetable) is a dry sabji packed with nutrition. This sabji is good with rice, dal and salad. A simple meal but truly satisfying.
Sem is also known by different names in India, such as chikudkaya in Telugu, papdi / val papdi in Marathi and surti papdi / valor papdi in Gujarati. Also known across rest of India as “Sem ki Phali”.
Yield: 3 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients For Sem And Methi ki sabji
300 grams sem chopped (flat green beans / hyacinth beans)
100 gram methi leaves chopped
1 teaspoon dhania
½ teaspoon chilli
¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
½ teaspoon jeera
½ teaspoon amchur
1 tablespoon oil
Directions For Sem And Methi ki sabji
- Heat oil in a pan; add jeera and then add Sem and saute for a minute.
- Add the methi and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add salt, haldi and mix. Cover and cook till cooked.
- Now add the chilli, dhania, amchur and saute for 5 minutes.
- Serve with hot chapatti or rice.