Paneer Peshawari is a delicious paneer (cottage cheese) dish cooked Peshawari style. It is a very easy recipe and cooks quite fast. The sliced onions and capsicum add crunchiness to the dish and compliments the softness of the paneer. Kasuri methi gives a nice flavour to this dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
250 grams Paneer, cubed (cottage cheese)
2 Onions finely chopped
1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tomato finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato puree (optional)
1 Onion, sliced
1 Capsicum, sliced
3 tablespoon Oil (or as required)
1 teaspoon Jeera (Cumin)
1/2 teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric Powder)
½ teaspoon Dhania (Coriander powder)
1/2 teaspoon Jeera (Cumin Powder)
1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
1/2 teaspoon Kasoori Methi, Roasted and crushed (Dried Fenugreek leaves)
1 tablespoon Cashew nut Paste
1 tablespoon Cream
Salt to Taste
1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves
A pinch of Chat Masala to Garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add jeera and let it crackle.
- Then add chopped onions and sauté until light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste stir, then add chopped tomatoes and green chillies.
- Sauté the onions till the oil surfaces on top.
- Mix the turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder in 2 tablespoon of water & add to the onions mixture and stir till the masala is like a paste.
- Then add the sliced onions and capsicum, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree and kasoori methi, cook for a minute.
- Now add the cashew nut paste and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and stir, then add salt.
- Now add the paneer cubes, jeera powder, garam masala and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water and cook till the paneer is soft and the gravy is well combined.
- Add half of chopped coriander and adjust the seasoning.
- Sprinkle Chat Masala and chopped coriander.
- Serve with Khasta Roti or Naan.
Note: Cashew nut paste can be made by boiling cashew nut with water and then grind. You can store this paste in freezer for later use.