Kaddu Ki Sabji (Falahari) is one of the vegetables that can be made during vrat / upvas days (fasting days). During upvas most of the vegetables are not allowed but Kaddu (Kumhra and also known as Pumpkin) along with potato, sweet potato can be eaten.
This simple sabji is delicious when cooked in ghee. I prefer to use very tender (kaccha / raw) kaddu with green skin. Kaddu when tender is not very sweet and can be used along with the skin.
Yield: 4 to 5 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Kaddu Ki Sabji
1 kg tender kaddu (pumpkin)
2 green chilli slit in two
2 tablespoon coriander chopped
½ lemon juice
1 tablespoon dhania powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon ghee/oil
Direction for Kaddu Ki Sabji
- Clean and remove the seeds from the kaddu.
- If the skin is greenish then do not remove it.
- Chop them in equal size.
- Heat ghee in a pan; add the chilli and the pumpkin and saute on medium heat till the pumpkin is little brown on both the sides and half cooked.
- Add the salt and saute till almost cooked. I do not like mushy kaddu hence I don’t cover while cooking.
- Now add the dhania, chilli powder and toss.
- Switch off the heat, squeeze the lemon juice, add coriander.
- Serve hot.