Kadai Patta Gobhi (Cabbage) is an easy and quick vegetable recipe prepared by stir frying cabbage with tomatoes. The use of panch phoran (a mix of 5 seeds) gives a punch to this dish. The cabbage is cut in cubes instead of fine juliennes. Eat it steaming hot to enjoy the crunch of the cabbage.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Kadai Patta Gobhi
300 grams cabbage cubed
2 tomatoes cubed
1 dry red chilli
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
½ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
½ teaspoon mirch (red chilli powder)
1 teaspoon dhania (coriander powder)
1/3 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon panch phoran (mix of cumin, mustard, fennel and fenugreek)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil
Directions for Kadai Patta Gobhi
- Heat oil in a pan; add the panch phoran, hing and dry red chilli, saute .
- Add the cabbage, haldi, salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato and stir for a minute.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or till soft.
- Add all the dry masalas and saute for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and switch off the heat.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha or rice.