Chatpate Aloo Shimla Mirch is a very quick and easy recipe to make. This delicious and simple dish can be made with a few commonly found ingredients in your pantry. This is a dry sabji made with potato, capsicum and few spices.
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Chatpate Aloo Shimla Mirch
300 grams potato boiled and cubed
100 grams green capsicum cubed
100 grams red capsicum cubed
100 grams yellow capsicum cubed
1 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon methi (fenugreek)
¼ teaspoon sarso (mustard)
½ teaspoon jeera (cumin)
1 teaspoon saunf (fennel)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
½ teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
For roasted masala
1 tablespoon dhania (coriander seed)
1 tablespoon jeera (cumin)
4 red chillies
Directions for Chatpate Aloo Shimla Mirch
- Dry roast all the spices in a pan; cool and grind to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pan; add sarso, jeera, methi, saunf and let them crackle.
- Add hing, aloo, green capsicum and saute for 3 minutes.
- Now add the yellow and red capsicums, saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the salt and 2 tablespoon of the roasted masala, amchur and mix.
- Now add the lemon juice and coriander and toss well.
- Check the seasoning.
Note: Roasting enhances the flavors of the spices. You can use spice powders without roasting also.