Bhindi Do Pyaza (Okra With Onions) is a popular dish made with lady fingers and onions. This dish has onions added in two stages while making and hence the name “Do Pyaza.”
This is a delicious recipe, a must try. Pair it with Methi Wali Poori (Fried Indian Fenugreek bread), Garlic Naan along with Sabut Masoor Ki Dal (Brown Skinned lentils which are orange inside).
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Bhindi Do Pyaza
400 grams bhindi cubed
2 onions cubed
2 tomatoes pureed
2 onions chopped fine
2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
¼ cup yogurt
1 teaspoon dhania (coriander powder)
½ teaspoon chilli
¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon jeera (cumin)
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Oil for frying (optional)
Directions for Bhindi Do Pyaza
- Air fry the bhindi for 15 mins at 180 degree celcius and set aside.
- Alternatively deep fry the bhindi in oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan, add jeera, saute and add ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for a minute, add finely chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Mix all the dry spices in 2 tablespoon water and add to the onions, saute till it becomes dry.
- Add the tomato pure and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed onions and saute till oil starts to separate.
- Add the bhindi and yogurt and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with puri, roti or rice.