Bhindi Airfried (Kurkuri Bhindi) means crisp Ladyfinger or Okra. This delicious dish is very easy to make and serves as a side dish. You can also serve it as a starter. Kurkuri Bhindi is made by frying the bhindis but I have used an Air fryer instead of deep frying in oil. This way it has much less calories but does not compromise on the taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
250 grams Bhindi (Okra)
½ teaspoon Red chilli powder
½ teaspoon Coriander powder
½ teaspoon Amchur (mango powder)
½ teaspoon Jeera (Cumin)
½ teaspoon Chaat masala
2 tablespoons besan (Gram flour)
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon oil
½teaspoon lemon juice
Oil to deep fry (optional)
- Trim both ends of the ladyfingers and cut them in 1 inch thick slices.
- Transfer the bhindi in a broad bowl, add 1 teaspoon oil, salt and toss.
- In a small bowl mix red chilli powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, amchur and cumin powder and sprinkle on the Bhindi and toss.
- Now sprinkle besan on the bhindies and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Mix to coat well and let it marinate in its moisture for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pre heat the air fryer and air fry in 2 batch. It takes approximately 10 to 12 minutes for 1 batch. Toss ones in between.
- For deep frying fry them in hot oil, drain on kitchen paper.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve with Parathas or rice as a side dish.
Enjoy the crunch.