Barbati Ki Sabzi (Long Beans, Yardlong Beans) is a tasty dry sabji. Pretty simple and easy to make this side dish can be served along with rice and dal or even goes well with roti and a curry.
Yield: 2 to 3 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients For Barbati Ki Sabzi
300 grams long beans cut into 1″ peices
2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1 teaspoon panch phoran (cumin, mustard, fenugreek, fennel, nigella)
1 teaspoon dhania powder
½ teaspoon chilli powder
¼ teaspoon haldi
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil
Directions For Barbati Ki Sabzi
- Heat oil in a pan; add the panch phoran and let it crackle.
- Add the beans and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt and turmeric and saute.
- Cover and cook till done.
- Add coriander, chilli and lemon juice and saute till there is no moisture.
- Serve with roti or rice.