Alu Pyaz Ki Sukhi Sabzi (Potato Onion Veggie) is a famous dish made often in every household in India. This simple side dish is a great accompaniment for rice and dal and relished most by people who are fussy about eating green vegetables. Alu Payaz Ki Sabji is a winning combination with puri for lunch box.
Yield: 3 to 4 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients For Alu Pyaz Ki Sukhi Sabzi
250 grams potato
200 grams onion
1 green slit into 2
1 tablespoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1/3 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon amchur (mango powder)
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon cumin
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
1 to 2 tablespoon oil
Directions For Alu Pyaz Ki Sukhi Sabzi
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into thin wedges. Keep soaked in water till ready to cook.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Heat oil in a pan; add the cumin, hing and then the potatoes.
- Saute for 2 minutes, cover and cook till half-cooked. Stir in between.
- Now add the onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, coriander, chilli, salt and mix.
- Cook uncovered till the potatoes are cooked and crisp.
- Add the amchur, garam masala and toss.
- Serve with dal chawal or roti paratha.