Vanilla Ice-cream is easily prepared at home. A super creamy and delicious ice cream made without an Ice cream maker. People find it hard to believe that it is homemade and is made without using an Ice maker. Vanilla ice cream can be topped with various sauces but my personal favourite is vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce.
Yield: 1½ to 2 liters
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 12 to 14 hours.
Ingredients for Vanilla Ice-cream
½ liter full cream milk
7 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoon milk powder
1 tablespoon corn starch
1½ tablespoon GMS (foam booster)
¼ teaspoon CMC (alginate)
½ cup cream
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions for Vanilla Ice-cream
- In a bowl mix CMC, GMS, milk powder, cornstarch and 3 tablespoon milk and make it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan pour rest of the milk add sugar and bring it to a boil. Now add the milk powder mix and boil by string continuously.
- Reduce the heat to low and boil for 5 to 7 minutes or till the milk is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Now pour this mixture in a freezer safe container and freeze for 4 hours or till almost set but not hard.
- Now take it out from the freezer and transfer it in a food processor and add cream.
- Blend at least for 6 to 8 minutes till the mixture is light and frothy and should be at least 1½ liters in volume.
- Pour it in a freezer safe container and freeze overnight.
Note: You can whip it 2nd time if it is not soft enough.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE