Homemade Strawberry Cheese Cake Ice Cream! The best part is, you don’t even need an ice cream machine/maker. This Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe combines the flavors of cheesecake and strawberry ice cream. I have made the strawberry sauce from fresh strawberries and it takes just 15 minutes. This ice-cream is a favourite of all age groups.
Yield: 1½ to 2 liters
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 12 to 14 hours.
½ liter full cream milk
7 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoon milk powder
1 tablespoon corn starch
11/2 tablespoon GMS (foam booster)
¼ teaspoon CMC (alginate)
For Strawberry sauce
2 cups strawberries
½ to ¾ cup sugar
½ cup cream
200 grams cream cheese
10 butter cookies broken into small peices
- For the ice cream base
- In a bowl mix CMC, GMS, milk powder, cornstarch and 3 tablespoon milk and make it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan pour rest of the milk add sugar and bring it to a boil. Now add the milk powder mix and boil by string continuously.
- Reduce the heat to low and boil for 5 to 7 minutes or till the milk is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Now pour this mixture in a freezer safe container and freeze for 4 hours or till almost set but not hard.
For the strawberry sauce
- Rinse and dry the strawberries. Cut off the leafy tops and slice in half.
- Place the sliced strawberries in a medium pot and set over medium heat. Sprinkle with the sugar and give it a mix. Allow it to cook until the berries begin to soften and release their juices, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher until about half of the strawberries are completely smashed but some medium-sized chunks remain.
- Cool the sauce and keep in refrigerator, as it should be chilled by the time you whip the ice cream.
How to proceed
- Now take the ice cream base out from the freezer and transfer it in a food processor. Add cream and whip for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and whip again for 5 to 6 minutes or till the mixture is light and frothy and should be at least 11/2 liters in volume.
- Now add 1/2 of the sauce and whip for a minute.
- Add the cookies and stir.
- Pour in a freezer safe container.
- Top with 1/2 of the sauce and make swirl pattern.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.