Pineapple Rabri as the name suggests, is a sweet dish made with Rabri and pineapple slices. Rabri is made by boiling milk on low heat for a long time, until it becomes dense and changes its colour to pinkish. Sugar and nuts are added to it to give it flavor. This very rich dessert is creamy and super tasty. It is chilled before serving.
Try the recipe for Gulab Jamun also.
Yield: 5 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 40 to 50 minutes
Ingredients for Pineapple Rabri
1 litre full cream milk
4 tablespoon sugar (50 grams)
5 slices of pineapple (I used canned ones)
1/6 teaspoon elaichi powder (cardamom)
2 to 3 badam sliced thin (almonds)
4 Pista chopped fine (pistachios)
1 teaspoon milk
A few strands of kesar (saffron)
Directions for Pineapple Rabri
- Drain the pineapple slices and pat dry on the kitchen towel.Keep aside
- Soak the saffron in milk and keep.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom broad pan on low heat.
- Stir in between the boiling process so that the milk does not stick at the bottom.
- When the milk is reduced to half add the sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Now add the pineapple slices and boil for 5 to 10 minutes till the milk is thick.
- Take off the heat and let it come to room temperature.
- Add the cardamom and saffron.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle the nuts and serve.
Note: You can use fresh pineapple by boiling in sugar syrup and then adding. You can adjust the sweetness according to taste. It is best if prepared 1 day in advance.