Banana & Choco Chip Muffins are children’s favourite, and I make them frequently. I have mastered in making these muffins to perfection by baking them over and over again. Chocolate chips and walnuts make them even special.
Don’t throw away the over ripe bananas. Bake these very simple yet delicious Banana & Choco Chip Muffins and I am sure you will make them again and again. I have used cream (Malai) instead of butter or oil. These Banana muffins have a very moist and soft texture.
Yield: 10 to 12
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 cup mashed banana (2 to 3 bananas)
1 cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
¾ cup milk powder
¾ cup powdered sugar
¾ cup cream (Malai)
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon soda bi carb
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
½ cup chocolate chips + 1 tablespoon for decoration
2 tablespoon walnuts chopped
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven at 160 degree C.
- Transfer all the ingredients in a food processor and wisk for 4 to 5 minutes on medium speed. Stop and scrape the sides in between so that you get a uniform batter. The batter should be light and fluffy but not like whipped cream. Take care not to over whip it.
- Spoon into a well-greased or paper lined muffin tin, fill each muffin about 2/3 Sprinkle Choco chips on top.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. Do the toothpick test in the centre of one muffin; if it comes out clean it’s ready. Remove from oven.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.