Methi Ki Missi Poori is an Indian bread made with whole wheat flour, gram flour and fresh methi (fenugreek leaves).These delicious poories can be eaten for any meal of the day. Methi ki poori is a great lunch box option and can be carried along while travelling.
Meethi leaves are known to possess antimicrobial, antioxidant, antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. They are extensively used in Indian cooking to make breads, curies and even dry subji (side dish).
Yield: 4 to 5 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Methi Ki Missi Poori
2 cups atta (whole wheat flour)
1 cup besan (gram flour)
1 to 1½ cups methi chopped fine
1 green chilli paste/chopped fine
1 tablespoon ginger paste
½ cup yogurt
¼ teaspoon red chilli
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Directions for Methi Ki Missi Poori
- Transfer all the ingredients except oil in a food processor and make a dough by adding just enough water. The dough should not be as soft as for roti.
- Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Make small lemon size balls and roll into thin purees.
- Fry them on medium hot oil.
- Serve hot with vegetables and pickles of your choice.