Makai Ki Roti is an Indian flat bread made with corn meal. It is a staple food of Punjab served with Sarson Ka Saag during winter. A big chunk of homemade butter is a must to serve with Makai ki roti. Try our Sarson Ka Saag and Masala Chaas (Mattha) with this roti.
Yield: 4 to 5 roti’s
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Makai Ki Roti
1 cup Makai ka atta (corn meal)
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon salt
Butter to smear the roti
Directions for Makai Ki Roti
- Mix the makai atta, atta and salt in a bowl.
- Make semi soft dough by adding water.
- Cover and keep for 5 minutes.
- Make 5 to 6 equal balls.
- Roll like thick roti with the help of whole wheat flour.
- Heat a griddle and lay the roti gently and cook till bubbles start appearing.
- Turn the roti to the other side and roast.
- Turn it again and press gently with a kitchen napkin so that the roti fluffs up.
- Now roast it on the gas flame on both the sides.
- Serve with a dollop of butter.