Homemade Pizza Base is better than the store bought ones. This recipe is easy and has never failed to yield a pizza with a perfect crust. It is slightly chewy and crispy at the same time. I love to make the base at home as I can customise the pizza size and thickness.
The best pizza is made from fresh dough and not from a pre-baked pizza base. I have added a hint of seasoning to make it flavourful.
Watch our side-show video on making of Pizza Dough.
Yield: 4 pizza base
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes and resting time
Ingredients for Pizza Base
5 cups maida (plain flour)
2 teaspoon instant yeast
2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon mixed herbs/oregano
¼ cup oil
1½ cup warm water
Directions for Pizza Base
- In a bowl add warm water, sugar, yeast and mix well. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes, till it is frothy.
- In a large bowl add maida, salt, herbs, half the oil, and above mentioned yeast mixture.
- Make soft dough by adding more water if required.
- Knead the dough lightly for 3 minutes. Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of oil and knead for 5 minutes till the dough is bouncy. If you press the dough with your finger it should spring back.
- Spread the dough and fold it from both the sides to form a ball again. Repeat this step twice.
- Apply oil in the bowl and keep the dough.
- Cover and let it rise till double.
- Now knead the dough lightly and divide into 4 parts to make 9’ pizza.
- Roll each part on a floured surface and place on a baking tray and rest for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree for 5 minutes.