Lemon Grass and Basil Mojito is made with very traditional Thai ingredients – lemon grass and basil. I love the combination of aromatic Thai basil, lime, and lemongrass. The flavours are light and delicate, making this drink a perfect combination with spicy snacks.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Lemon Grass and Basil Mojito
2 stalks lemongrass
300 ml water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
6 to 8 basil
200 ml Club soda, as required to top up
Ice, to serve
Lemongrass stalks to use as stir sticks
Directions for Lemon Grass and Basil Mojito
- Chop the lemongrass stalks into 1-inch pieces, and bruise using a mortar and pestle.
- Place them in a pot with 300 ml water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the syrup infuse for ½ an hour, allow to cool and strain.
- In a shaker add sugar, lemon juice, slightly crushed basil and the lemon grass decoction. Shake well till sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in 2 glasses; add ice and then top with soda.
- Serve with lemon grass stir stick.