You can surprise your friends with this simple twist to an everyday coffee by serving them this delicious “Canadian Coffee with Cinnamon” . The use of maple syrup in place of sugar is what gives it a ‘Canadian’ touch along with cinnamon which adds a dash of spice.
Maple Syrup is a natural sweetener. Researchers have found that maple syrup contains the same antioxidant compounds that are in berries. Many of these compounds have been shown to have anti-diabetic, anti-cancer and anti-bacterial properties as well.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 2 minutes
Total time: 4-5 minutes
½ cup strong brewed coffee
2 cups milk
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 stick cinnamon
- Bring milk to a boil. Switch off the heat and add cinnamon, cover and let it rest for 2 minute.
- Remove the cinnamon and heat the milk again.
- Shake the milk along with maple syrup in a jar to make it frothy.
- Divide the brew into 2 mugs and pour the hot milk.
- Top with cinnamon and serve.