Aam Ka Panna (Raw Mango Drink) is made from kacca aam (unripe mango). In India this is a popular drink during hot summer days. Aam Panna has heat resistant properties and protects from Sun stroke. This tangy drink is very easy to make. Kacche Aam ka Panna is made every day in every house hold during summer and is also available at road side hawkers.
Jeera and mint are added for taste and for their cooling property. Fresh mint enhances the flavor but you can use dried mint also.
Yield: 3 to 4 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time:15 minutes
Ingredients for Aam Ka Panna
2 medium kaccha aam (unripe mango)
2 tablespoon pudina leaves (mint)
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon roasted jeera powder (cumin)
1 tablespoon sugar or to taste
Rock salt and Black salt to taste
Directions for Aam Ka Panna
- Peel the mango and cut into big pieces.
- In a pressure cooker, add the mango and 2 cups of water and cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Cool and mash to make pulp, strain by adding 2 cups of water.
- In a mortar pestal crush mint and add to the aam pani.
- Now add salt, sugar, jeera and mix well.
- Taste for salt and sugar and adjust as per your taste.
- Add ice if desired and serve.