Spinach And Corn Pizza is made using a lot of fresh spinach and corn niblets. Of course cheese has to be there as pizza without cheese is unthinkable.
I have used Homemade Pizza Base, as I love to make the Pizza base at home so that I can customize the pizza size and thickness. The best pizza is made from fresh dough and not from a pre-baked pizza base.
For this Spinach and corn pizza I have not used any kind of sauce. Instead of using plain canned spinach I have made a spinach topping. This garlicy spinach topping takes this pizza to another level. Trust me you will love this simple no fuss recipe. Just follow our step by step guide and create a delicious pizza at home.
Yield: 6 pizzas
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Ingredients for Spinach And Corn Pizza
1 recipe pizza dough recipe here
3 to 4 tomatoes sliced
600 grams mozzarella cheese grated
6 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup corn niblets
For the spinach topping
300 grams blanched spinach (canned can be used)
1 large onion sliced
1 tablespoon garlic chopped fine
½ teaspoon crushed pepper
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Directions for Spinach And Corn Pizza
- Follow the instructions for the pizza base and prepare accordingly.
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic and saute till light golden.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the spinach and add to the onions.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add salt and pepper and toss.
- Switch off the heat.
- On the pizza spread 2 to 3 tablespoon of the spinach evenly.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese, arrange tomato slices and spread corn niblets.
- Top with some more cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degrees till the base is crisp and golden and the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Spinach topping can be made in advance and refrigerated. Keep it out for some time before using. Even the pizza base can be prepared and baked lightly one day ahead.