Vegetable and Spinach Rice Burrito Wrap is a healthy and hearty Mexican and Tex-Mex dish. This wrap, not only tastes amazing, but is also packed with lots of nutrients. Made with all the fresh ingredients at home this is a great lunch idea.
Yummy tortillas packed with spinach flavoured rice, beans, homemade hot sauce, guacamole (avocado dip) and cheese, this dish has everything packed into it. It is self-contained in terms of flavour with a bit of tang, spice and cheesiness, and is quite filling too. This makes it a true one-dish meal.
This is a quick and easy basic recipe for a vegetarian burrito. A simple vegetarian burrito is a perfect vegetarian dinner idea.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients For Burrito Wrap
For the Rice
1 cup rice washed and soaked
1 cup spinach puree
½ cup cubed onions
½ teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste
1 +1 teaspoon olive oil or butter
1½ cups water
For vegetable filling
1 cup boiled kidney beans
1 tablespoon garlic chopped
½ cup onions cubed
½ cup capsicum cubed
½ cup tomatoes cubed
½ cup corn niblets
2 tablespoon coriander
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoon grated cheese
Directions For Burrito Wrap
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan; add the onions and saute till translucent. Set aside.
- In the same pan add rest of the oil; add the rice and saute for two minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, spinach puree, water and stir.
- Now add the onions and cook till the rice is done. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, onion, capsicum and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add beans, corn and saute for a while.
- Now add chilli flakes, tomatoes and saute.
- Switch off the heat; add coriander, cheese and mix.
How to proceed
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; place a tortilla for 1-2 minutes per side and remove on a flat surface.
- Arrange rice, and vegetables in the middle of the warp, add homemade hot sauce and guacamole and then top with cheese and cilantro.
- Fold up each wrap over and under on the ends.
- Enjoy your home made burritos.