Ankurit Moth Ki Sabzi (Sprouted Legume) is commonly eaten in all parts of Rajasthan. Also known as Matki, this legume is relished in Maharashtrian cuisine as much. The dish is so easy and can be made in just a few minutes in a pressure cooker.
This preparation is very nutritious and healthy as the moth beans are first sprouted and then cooked. You can use them to make a protein rich salad also. Moth ki sabzi is used as a filling in Raj Kachori and Katori chat.
Moth bean is also known as Turkish gram, Dew beans and Mat beans.
You may like to try our other similar recipes like Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing, Macaroni & Coconut Salad and Broccoli Cranberry Salad.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients For Ankurit Moth Ki Sabzi (Sprouted Legume)
1 cup moth soaked for 8 hours
1 green chilli slit
1 teaspoon ginger grated
1 onion chopped fine
1 tomato chopped fine
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tej patta (bay leaf)
¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
1½ teaspoon dhania powder (coriander)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon jeera (cumin)
½ teaspoon chat masala (optional)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon oil
Directions For Ankurit Moth Ki Sabzi (Sprouted Legume)
- Drain the soaked moth and keep it to sprout for 24 hours.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker; add jeera, tej patta, hing, green chilli, ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add the moth and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add all the dry masalas except chat masala and gram masala saute for a minute.
- Pour in ½ cup water and close the cooker and give 1 pressure on medium heat, reduce the heat to low and cook till 1 more pressure.
- Open the cooker when there is no more steam left; add garam masala, lemon juice and mix.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, chat masala and mix lightly.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.