Soya Bean Masala is a simple gravy main course dish. This protein rich dish is quick and easy to make. You can pair it with roti, paratha or any rice dish. Soya has a tendency to absorb any flavor that it is cooked with and hence requires more spices to make it flavourful. Soya bean masala is quite delicious, filling as well as nutritious.
Soybeans are an exceptional source of essential nutrients, providing high contents of protein, dietary fiber, iron, manganese, phosphorus and several B vitamins, including folate. Soy is a good source of protein, amongst many others, for vegetarians and vegans or for people who want to reduce the amount of meat they eat.
Yield: 4 to 5
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For Soya Bean Masala
1 cup soya soaked
1 teaspoon jeera (cumin)
1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
1 tablespoon dhania (coriander)
1 teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
½ teaspoon garam masala
A pinch of cardamom powder
1 stick cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
For the paste
1 cup onion sliced
1 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon ginger
Directions For Soya Bean Masala
- Pressure cooks the soya with salt and enough water.
- Grind all the ingredients for the paste together in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan; add cumin, cinnamon and then paste and saute till is starts to leave oil.
- Add haldi, chilli, coriander, kasuri methi and saute on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled soya and cook for 10 minutes or till the gravy is thick.
- Add cardamom, lemon juice and stir.
- Serve with rice or roti.