Paneer Stuffed Parwal (Cottage Cheese Stuffed Pointed Gourd) is delicious and nutritious dish made from parwal and paneer. This side dish is easy and quick to make. Parwal is blanched and then stuffed with paneer filling and then sautéed. Some people find Parwal quite boring but trust me’ this Bharwan Parwal is quite unique in taste.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients For Paneer Stuffed Parwal
300 grams parwal (pointed gourd)
100 grams paneer crumbles
1 onion chopped fine
1 teaspoon ginger chopped fine
1 teaspoon garlic chopped fine
1 green chilli chopped fine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
1 teaspoon dhania powder (coriander)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon haldi
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon jeera powder
½ teaspoon jeera
Salt to taste
1+1 tablespoon oil
Directions For Paneer Stuffed Parwal
- Peel the parwal and blanch it. Make a slit and scrape out the flesh. Set aside.
- Heat 1spoon oil in a pan: add jeera, and then add ginger, garlic, chilli, onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add all the dry masala, salt, paneer, lemon juice and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, add coriander and mix.
- Now stuff all the parwlas with this paneer mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan; transfer the parwals, add a pinch of salt and saute for a minute, cover with a plate with water on it and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Open the lid and saute on high heat for 1 minute.