Homemade Hot Dog (Vegetarian) is made with soy flakes and tofu. This delicious hot dog is easy to make. It is quite filling and nutritious. It can be prepared well in advance and refrigerated. These hot dogs are quite versatile and can be eaten roasted on its own or used in buns. You can even slice and fry them and serve as starters or make biryani.
Yield: 5 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Ingredients For Homemade Hot Dog (Vegetarian)
1 cup soy flakes boiled
150 grams tofu
1 onion chopped fine
4 to 6 garlic minced
2 tablespoon parsley / celery / dhania chopped
2 tablespoon soya sauce
½ teaspoon paprika / chilli powder
½ teaspoon pepper powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
A pinch of cardamom
½ teaspoon sugar
3 to 4 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoon oil
Directions For Homemade Hot Dog (Vegetarian)
- Boil the soy flakes in a pressure cooker, drain and squeeze the water out. Set aside.
- Crumble the tofu and set aside.
- Transfer all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse to form a coarse paste.
- Divide into 5 equal portions and roll like hot dogs
- Wrap each dog in parchment paper and then aluminium foil. Twist ends of the foil shut.
- Bring water to boil in a large steamer and arrange your hot dogs in the steamer.
- Cover and steam for 45 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool in the pot.
- To cook, unwrap hot dogs and fry in a frying pan, or throw on the grill until hot and pretty with grill marks.
- Serve on buns with ketchup, mustard, relish, diced onions, or your favourite hot dog topping.