Crispy Chilli Paneer (Spicy Cottage Cheese) is an Indo Chinese starter. I love this starter and make it quite often while entertaining. This finger food is quick and easy to make.
The soft succulent paneer pieces are coated with flour and deep fried to get a crispy outer covering and then seasoned with soya. The dry red chilli give this dish a smoky flavor.
Yield: 3 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR Crispy CHILLI PANEER
300 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tablespoon plain flour
2 tablespoon corn starch
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon pepper powder
½ teaspoon garlic paste
½ teaspoon soya sauce
½ teaspoon salt
Oil for frying
For stir fry
½ cup capsicum cubed
½ cup onion cubed
½ cup spring onion chopped
1 tablespoon garlic chopped
1 tablespoon ginger julienned
5 to 6 dry red chilli
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon hot and sweet sauce
½ teaspoon pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon oil
DIRECTIONS FOR Crispy CHILLI PANEER
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients except oil for the paneer.
- Add 2 tablespoon water and mix lightly so that the paneer is coated well. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and deep fry the paneer till golden and crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan; add garlic, red chilli, onion and saute.
- Add capsicum, spring onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add soya, hot and sweet sauce, and mix.
- Add paneer, salt, ginger and toss.
- Serve garnished with spring onions.