I love pasta in any form. This Baked Spaghetti In Bechamel Sauce is simple and the easiest recipe. Made with simple ingredients found in the pantry, there is no scope to go wrong. I have used only peppers but you can use any vegetables of your choice.
I have used home-made Bechamel Sauce which uses butter, plain flour and milk as its main ingredients. This classic sauce is also known as white sauce. You can flavor this sauce as per your taste. This versatile sauce can be used for making vegetable au gratin, pasta, cheese sauce etc. You can make the white sauce ahead of time and keep it in the freezer, ready to go whenever you are.
I am used to pasta with tomato-based red sauces and a change was essential. You may like to try our other pasta recipes like Spinach and Broccoli Spaghetti, Three Pepper Spaghetti, and Vegetable Pasta In Sweet Pepper Sauce
Yield: 2 serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes + baking time.
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED SPAGHETTI IN BECHAMEL SAUCE
200 grams spaghetti boiled
1 cup béchamel sauce recipe here
½ cup yellow & green peppers cubed
½ cup onions cubed
1 tomato cubed
1 tablespoon garlic minced
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon thyme (optional)
Few beaves basil torn
Salt to taste
DIRECTIONS FOR FOR BAKED SPAGHETTI IN BECHAMEL SAUCE
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic and onion and saute.
- Add the peppers, tomato, oregano, thyme, chilli flakes, salt and saute for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan transfer spaghetti and the white sauce and toss well.
- Add the sauted vegetables, basil and toss all together.
- Transfer in a baking pan, top with cheese and bake in pre heated oven at 180 degree for 20 to 25 minutes.