Aloo Pyaz Ka Paratha (Potato And Onion Stuffed Bread) is a classic example of stuffed paratha. This paratha is soft and super tasty. Do not forget a dollop of butter on top of your paratha. Pair this paratha with our Tamator ki khatti Methi chutney and Nimbu Ka khatta Mittha Achar.
Yield: 6 to 8
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For Aloo Pyaz Ka Paratha (Potato And Onion Stuffed Bread)
2 cups aata (whole wheat flour)
½ teaspoon salt
Water to make dough
For the stuffing
200 grams potato boiled and mashed
½ cup onions chopped fine
2 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
1 green chilli chopped fine
1 tablespoon ginger chopped fine
1 tablespoon roasted masala powder (made from cumin, coriander, whole red chilli)
1 teaspoon jeera (cumin)
Salt to taste
Ghee for smearing the paratha
Directions For Aloo Pyaz Ka Paratha (Potato And Onion Stuffed Bread)
- Mix aata and salt in a large bowl. Make a soft dough by adding water. Knead the dough well, apply ¼ teaspoon ghee and rest for 20 minutes.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the stuffing. Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- Divide dough into 6 to 8 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into thick circle; place a large portion of stuffing mixture at the centre of each circle and bring the sides of the circle towards the centre to enclose the filling completely.
- Gently press with your palm and dust it with wheat flour.
- Roll it gently to make a paratha of desired size and thickness.
- Heat the tava or a skillet on medium heat; place the rolled paratha gently on it. Cook on both sides, using little ghee till the parathas are golden brown.
- Similarly make all the parathas.
- Serve with yogurt and pickle.