This homemade Double Cheese Veggie Burger recipe is packed with fresh flavors and nutrition. These burger patties are crunchy from outside and soft inside. I have used a good combination of vegetables, cottage cheese and some spices to make these patties. What makes these patties different ? – The cheese stuffing.
Pan fry or air fry the patty and place in the burger bun along with lettuce, and sliced tomatoes and onions. Place a dollop of your favourite dressing and enjoy the oozing cheese from the patty.
Yield: 5 to 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Ingredients For Double Cheese Veggie Burger
4 burger buns
1 onion sliced
1 tomato sliced
4 tablespoon mayonnaise / sour cream
For the Patties
½ cup onion chopped fine
1 tablespoon garlic chopped fine
½ cup carrot minced
¼ cup beans minced
¼ cup cabbage minced
¼ cup capsicum minced
½ cup potatoes boiled and mashed
½ cup paneer grated (cottage cheese)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
Salt to taste
2 Cheese slice or grated cheese
½ + ¼ cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoon maida (plain flour)
2 +2 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoon oil
Directions For Double Cheese Veggie Burger
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, beans, cabbage, capsicum and saute for 4 minutes on high heat.
- Add potato and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add grated paneer (cottage cheese), chilli flakes, oregano and saute for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and let it come to room temperature.
- Add salt, ¼ cup bread crumbs, 2 tablespoon corn starch, and lemon juice and mix well.
- In a shallow dish mix 2 tablespoon corn starch, maida and make slurry by adding water.
- Now take a portion of the vegetable batter, roll to a ball, flatten and stuff with cheese, close and make Pattie of desired thickness.
- Dip in the slurry and then roll in bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Air fry for oil less patties or shallow fry them.
How to assemble Double Cheese Veggie Burger
- Slice the bun into two.
- Place a few lettuce leaves, a slice of tomato and then the Pattie.
- Now spread 1 spoon of mayo on the Pattie and place a slice of onion and close with the second piece of bun.
- Serve with fries or chips.