Palak Paneer Ka Paratha (Spinach Bread Stuffed With Cottage Cheese) is a healthy and nutritious bread. This paratha is loaded with iron, calcium and protein. Palak paneer ka paratha is super tasty and filling. Pair it with our Tamator ki khatti Mithi chutney (Sweet & Sour Tomato Chutney) and Pyaaz Ka Achar (Onion Pickle).
Yield: 5 to 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For Palak Paneer Ka Paratha
1 cup spinach chopped and blanched
1 green chilli chopped
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1½ cup aata (whole wheat flour)
For the stuffing
200 grams paneer grated
1 onion chopped fine
1 green chilli chopped fine
1 tablespoon ginger chopped fine
2 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
1 tablespoon roasted masala(coriander, cumin, chilli)
Salt to taste
Ghee for smearing the paratha
Directions For Palak Paneer Ka Paratha
- Puree the spinach along with the chilli to a paste.
- In a large bowl add aata, salt, spinach pure and mix.
- Add water as required to make soft dough. Knead the dough well, apply ¼ teaspoon ghee and rest for 20 minutes.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the stuffing. Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste. I prefer the spice to be a little on the higher side.
- Divide dough into 4-6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into thick circle; place a large portion of stuffing mixture at the center of each circle and bring the sides of the circle towards the center to enclose the filling completely.
- Gently press with your palm and dust it with wheat flour.
- Roll it gently to make a paratha of desired size and thickness.
- Heat the tava or a skillet on medium heat; place the rolled paratha gently on it. Cook on both sides, using little oil or ghee till the parathas are golden brown.
- Similarly make all the parathas.