Mango Mousse cups (Eggless, No Gelatin) are truly delicious dessert. Mildly sweet, this is an airy and light dessert made with just 3 to 4 ingredients. Made without egg or gelatin this Mango mousse is easy and quick to make. Mango Mousse stays well for 2 to 3 days. It is a great party dessert, very appealing to the eyes.
Yield: 6 to 8
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For Mango Mousse Cups
4 medium mangoes / 2 cup puree
½ teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
4 tablespoon sugar
1 mango diced
1 cup chilled cream / 2 cups whipped cream
Directions For Mango Mousse Cups
- Puree the mangoes along with lemon juice and sugar in a blender. Keep ¼ cup puree aside for topping.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks with an electric beater. Put ½ cup whipped cream in a piping bag for decoration.
- Now gently mix the cream and puree to a homogeneous mixture. Do not over mix; otherwise the cream will lose the air.
- Divide the chopped mango pieces into mousse cups.
- Pour the cream mix, pipe the cream and add a dollop of puree and set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Note: Mangoes used should not have fibre. Sugar can be adjusted according to your taste. This dessert is low on sugar. Lemon juice is optional. I like the zing but you can avoid it.