Mango Kulfi (Made without Milkmaid) is a frozen Indian dessert just like Ice cream. It is so easy and simple to make this aam ki kulfi. I have used fresh mango puree. If you can’t find mangoes then tinned puree can be used.
Kulfi is so similar to ice cream; I guess you could call it a traditional ice cream. The difference between them is that kulfi is much denser than ice cream. Kulfi is made in variety of flavors. There is the classic kesar pista kulfi, paan kulfi, strawberry kulfi, malai Kulfi, orange kulfi etc.
Yield: 14 to 16 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
Ingredients For Mango Kulfi
2 litres full cream milk
120 to 140 grams sugar
2 to 3 cups mango puree
5 badam (almonds)
5 pista (pistachio)
½ teaspoon elaichi powder
Saffron a few strands
Directions For Mango Kulfi
- Keep milk to boil in a nonstick deep pan and continue to boil on low to medium heat till it is reduced to ½ in quantity. Stir occasionally.
- Add the sugar and continue to boil till reduced to ¼ in quantity.
- In the meantime soak saffron in 2 teaspoon of hot milk and set aside.
- Slice almonds and pistachio and set aside.
- Switch off the heat and add almonds, pistachio.
- Let the thickened milk come to room temperature, add the cardamom and saffron, give a good mix.
- Now add the mango puree and mix well.
- Pour in the kulfi moulds, sprinkle the rest of the nuts and set in the freezer overnight. If you do not have the moulds then don’t worry. You can set them in paper cups and cover with cling wrap.
- Demould the kulfi by keeping the mould under the tap for a few seconds.
- Serve immediately.