Khaman Dhokla (Instant Besan Dhokla / Gram flour steamed cakes) is a steamed cake prepared with chickpea flour and spices. This mouth-watering Gujarati snack is loved by all. Besan Ka Dhokla is very nutritious and quick to prepare. Served with coriander chutney this Khaman Dhokla is a convenient snack for serving in big gatherings and parties.
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For Instant Khaman Dhokla
1 cup besan (gram flour)
1 tablespoon suji (semolina)
1 tablespoon ginger green chilli paste
1 teaspoon citric acid
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon ENO
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup water
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon til optional (sesame seeds)
1 green chilli sliced
2 tablespoon curry leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup water
2 teaspoon oil
Directions For Instant Khaman Dhokla
- Set the steamer with enough water.
- In a bowl add salt, sugar, citric acid, water and mix till all the dry ingredients are dissolved.
- In another big bowl mix besan and suji.
- Add the sugar water and make a smooth batter.
- Now add the oil, paste and mix.
- Add in ENO and mix. The batter will froth.
- Grease a steaming plate.
- Pour the batter in the prepared plate and keep in the steamer.
- Steam it for 12 to 15 minutes. Check by inserting a tooth pick or a knife, it should come out clean.
- Take the plate out and leave for 5 minutes. Cut by moving the knife horizontally and then vertically.
- Heat oil in a pan; add the mustard, chills, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add water, salt, and sugar and bring to boil.
- Pour this evenly on the steamed dhokla.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with green chutney.