Aloo Methi Ka Paratha (Potato And Fenugreek leaves Stuffed Bread) is a soft and filling bread. This paratha is super tasty and nutritious also. Fenugreek has a large amount of minerals, vitamins and iron. It is also has good amount dietary fibre. Pair it with our Tamatar ki khatti Methi chutney and Nimbu Ka khatta Mittha Achar.
You may also like to watch our Video on making of Aloo Methi ka Paratha!
Yield: 6 to 8
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For Aloo Methi Ka Paratha
2 cups aata (whole wheat flour)
½ teaspoon salt
Water to make dough
Ghee (clarified butter) for smearing the paratha
For the stuffing
200 grams potato boiled and mashed
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup fenugreek leaves chopped fine
1 green chilli chopped fine
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon ginger chopped fine
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
½ teaspoon jeera powder (cumin)
Salt to taste
Directions For Aloo Methi Ka Paratha
- Mix aata and salt in a large bowl. Make a soft dough by adding water. Knead the dough well, apply ¼ teaspoon ghee and rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan; add jeera, chopped ginger and green chilli. Saute
- Add mashed potato and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add chilli powder, amchur and cumin powder and saute for a minute.
- Switch off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Now add methi (fenugreek) leaves, salt and mix.
- Divide dough into 6 to 8 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into thick circle; place a large portion of stuffing mixture at the centre of each circle and bring the sides of the circle towards the centre to enclose the filling completely.
- Gently press with your palm and dust it with wheat flour.
- Roll it gently to make a paratha of desired size and thickness.
- Heat the tava or a skillet on medium heat; place the rolled paratha gently on it. Cook on both sides, using little ghee till the parathas are golden brown.
- Similarly make all the parathas.
- Serve with yogurt and pickle.