Pyaaz Ka Achar – Onion Pickle is a super-fast recipe that is prepared in just 15 minutes. This instant achar is ready to be eaten in just 4 to 6 hours. Pyaz Ka Achar is best if consumed within a week or else to be refrigerated. This achar is made with onions, kaccha aam and a few spices. Pair it with Suhali or Mathri, alu paratha or any stuffed paratha.
You may like to try our other similar recipes like Khatta Meetha Nimboo ka Achar (Lemon Pickle), Kathal ka Achar (Jackfruit Pickle) and Kacche Aam Ki Launji (Sweet & Sour Raw Mango Chutney)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients For Pyaaz Ka Achar – Onion Pickle
250 grams onion sliced thinly
100 grams grated unripe mango
2 teaspoon yellow mustard powder
2 teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoon vinegar
50 ml mustard oil
Directions For Pyaaz Ka Achar – Onion Pickle
- In a large bowl add the onion, mango, mustard, chilli, haldi and salt.
- With a dry spoon mix them all well.
- Add the oil and give a good mix.
- Transfer in a clean dry glass jar and pour the vinegar, close the lid and set aside for 8 hours.
- Now stir the pickle and the pickle is ready to eat.
- After 2 to 3 days keep it in the fridge to retain its crunch and also to prevent it from spoiling.
Note: This is an instant pickle; onion releases a lot of moisture so it is better to refrigerate the pickle latest after 4 days.