Pepper Baby Corn is an Indo Chinese dish. This is a delicious dish you will love to make for your family. Pepper baby corn is quick and easy is make and can be served with roti or rice.
This easy, simple and delicious recipe makes for a great tea time snack or even as an appetizer. I can see myself reaching out for this recipe whenever I have some unplanned guests and I need to make a quick stir-fry or even have to serve a starter. My kids love this recipe and is often part of their lunch box.
Yield: 3 to 4 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Pepper Baby Corn
300 baby corns sliced into ½” pieces
½ cup onion chopped fine
1 tablespoon garlic chopped fine
1 teaspoon ginger chopped fine
½ cup capsicum chopped
1 green chilli slit in two
1 tablespoon Curry leaves
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon soya sauce (optional)
¼ teaspoon Sarson (mustard seeds)
½ teaspoon jeera (cumin)
½ teaspoon whole pepper roasted and crushed
½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
½ teaspoon roasted red chilli powder
1 teaspoon roasted coriander powder
Directions for Pepper Baby Corn
- Blanch the baby corns and drain the liquid if any.
- Heat oil in a pan; add mustard, jeera and allow it to splutter.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chilli, half the curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add onions and capsicum and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the baby corn, salt and toss, cover and cook till done.
- Add the rest of curry leaves, all the dry spices, ketchup, soya sauce and saute for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and add the lemon juice.