Mooli Ke Patte Ka Paratha (Indian flat bread with radish leaves stuffing) is delicious and made just like any other stuffed paratha. The stuffing is made from leaves of radish. Radish leaves are very often not used. This is a simple way of using these leaves without putting much effort. This paratha is quite crisp and flavourful.
Radish leaves have a lot of vitamin and minerals. They are rich in antibacterial properties and antiseptic properties.
Yield: 4 to 6 parathas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Mooli Ke Patte Ka Paratha
Gundha atta for paratha (wheat flour dough)
Ghee / oil
For the stuffing
2 cup mooli leaves chopped (radish leaves)
2 to 3 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
1 teaspoon ginger paste
½ teaspoon ajwain (carom)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon amchur (mango powder)
Salt to taste
2 teaspoon oil
Direction for Mooli Ke Patte Ka Paratha
To make the stuffing
- Blanch the mooli leaves with very little water, drain and squeeze out all the water.
- Mash the leaves to a coarse paste by the back of a big spoon or potato masher.
- Heat oil in a pan; add ajwain, ginger and mix.
- Add the patta and saute till all the moisture evaporates.
- Now add the masala, salt, besan and saute till the masala is well blended and the besan is fragrant.
- Cool the stuffing.
To make the paratha
- Take lemon size ball from the dough; roll it to 3”diameter with the help of dry flour.
- Place a spoonful of the stuffing and close by bringing together the dough to form a ball again.
- Flatten the ball and roll to a thick paratha.
- Place on a hot griddle and flip after it is roasted a little.
- Apply ghee or oil and flip again and apply ghee to this side also.
- Remove when roasted well on both the sides.