Matar Papdi Chaat is a delicious chaat recipe. The soft matar and the crisp papdi are a good combination. Whenever you make matar for lunch make some extra for this papdi chaat. This can be enjoyed for evening snack with our Desi Mojito.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Matar papdi Chaat
½ cup sev bhujia
1 cup Matar (Ghugni)
1/3 cup dhania and pudina chutney
1/3 cup imli chutney
1/3 cup onion chopped fine
1 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
½ cup boiled potato chopped
2 tablespoon bhuna powder
For the bhuna powder
1 tablespoon coriander
1 teaspoon jeera
2 to 3 dry red chilli
Directions for Matar papdi Chaat
- Dry roast all the 3 ingredients for bhuna masala on low heat and grind to a coarse powder. Set aside.
- Break the papdi into small pieces and divide into 2 portions for making the chaat in 2 layers.
- Place one portion in a serving plate and spread half the potatoes on the papadi.
- Now spoon the matar and sprinkle half the bhuna masala and salt.
- Sprinkle the onions, spoon the imli chutney, and then the hari chutney.
- Arrange the 2nd layer of papdi, and repeat rest of the steps.
- Now sprinkle with lots of sev Bhujia and a little coriander.
- Serve immediately.