Kache Kele Ke Kofte (Raw Banana Dumpling in Gravy) is a wonderfully tasty dish. The kofta is made using raw banana and some spices. The gravy is made of onions, garlic and ginger. The koftas become soft and mouth melting when dipped in the gravy.
Yield: 4 to 5 serving
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for making Kache Kele Ke Kofte
For the Kofta
2 kacha kela boiled (raw banana)
2 alu boiled (potato)
2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
2 teaspoon coriander chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 to 3 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
1 teaspoon dhania powder (coriander)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ bhuna jeera powder (cumin powder)
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
For the gravy
½ cup bhuna onion paste (roasted onion paste)
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon garlic
1 cup tomato puree
2 tablespoon coriander chopped
2 to 3 tablespoon malai (cream)
¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
½ teaspoon chilli
1 teaspoon dhania (coriander)
½ teaspoon jeera (cumin)
2 tej patta (bay leaves)
2 lavang (cloves)
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
Direction for making Kache Kele Ke Kofte
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Make lemon size balls and flatten them, or keep them like balls.
- Heat oil and fry them in batches on medium to low heat to golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera, cloves and bay leaves.
- Add the ginger, garlic,tomato puree and saute till thickens.
- Now add the onion paste and saute till oil starts to separate.
- Add haldi, chilli, coriander and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the malai and saute for a minute.
- Add half the chopped coriander and saute for a minute.
- Stir in 2 to 3 cups of water, add salt and let it boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the fried kofta and continue to boil for 5 minutes or till the kofta absorbers the gravy and become soft.
- Serve garnished with rest of coriander.
Note: I have used bhuna onion paste but you can use fresh onion paste. Add onion paste along with ginger and garlic paste and add the tomato later.