Corn And Vegetable Lollipop is a super hit starter. Made from simple ingredients and baby corn cobs, this dish is liked by all as the look is also very attractive. I am a great fan of Air Fryer but today I have deep fried them. You can bake them or air fry them also for a healthier version.
I use to make these lollipops with ice cream sticks but now I make with baby corn cobs. I had eaten like this at my friend Priya’s place. She is a good cook who loves to experiment.
Yield: 6 to 8
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Ingredients For Corn And Vegetable Lollipop
6 to 8 baby corn
2 potato, boiled and mashed
½ cup carrot roughly chopped
½ cup capsicum roughly chopped
1 cup onion roughly chopped
2 tablespoon corn kernels
2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste.
2 tablespoon coriander chopped
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon roasted jeera powder (cumin)
1 tablespoon roasted dhania powder (coriander)
1 teaspoon roasted red chilli powder
1 teaspoon chat masala (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon bread crumbs
2+2 tablespoon plain flour
2+2 teaspoon Corn Flour
2 tablespoon Oil
Oil for frying
Direction For Corn And Vegetable Lollipop
- Mince carrot, capsicum, onion and corn in a food processor.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan; add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the minced vegetables and saute on high heat till all the moisture has evaporated.
- Let the vegetables come to room temperature.
- Now add the mashed potatoes, coriander, all the spices, salt, lemon juice, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoon plain flour, 2 teaspoon corn flour and mix well.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Mix water in the corn flour to make a thick paste, add a pinch of salt and pepper/ red chilli. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish spread 2 tablespoon plain flour.
- Make a lemon size ball of the vegetable mix and fry to check if it is falling apart, add more corn flour if required.
- Now take a hand full of the mixture and place a baby corn in between and close to form a lollipop.
- Dust the top with flour and coat lightly the remaining part of the baby corn with the corn flour paste.
- Fry in medium to low heat till golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or chutney.
Note: Coating of the baby corn stem is done to flavor it and also to prevent the baby corn from becoming dark while frying.