Choley Ka Chatpata Salad (Chick Peas Salad) is made with Chick Peas, fresh vegetables and pomegranate kernels. To give this salad a twist I have added green and imli chutney and papdi, thus making is a healthy choley ki chaat. Anaar Dana (pomegranate kernels) is the icing on the cake as you get bust of flavor with every bite. This salad has a good mix of flavours and textures and is a must try.
You may like to try our other salad recipes like Macaroni & Coconut Salad, Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing, Broccoli Cranberry Salad and Greek Salad.
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients For Choley Ka Chatpata Salad
2 cups boiled chola (chick peas)
1 potato boiled and chopped
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 green chilli chopped fine
1 teaspoon ginger chopped fine
½ cup capsicum chopped
½ cup anaar ke dane (pomegranate seeds)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
1 teaspoon chat masala
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon coriander chutney
2 tablespoon imli chutney
6 to 8 papri crushed lightly
½ cup nylon sev
Directions For Choley Ka Chatpata Salad
- In a large mixing bowl transfer chole , ginger, chilli and and half the coriander.
- Now add all the vegetables, anaar dana, lemon juice, all the spices, both the chutneys and toss.
- Now add the broken papri and half the sev and toss.
- Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- Serve topped with sev and coriander.