Tari Wale Chole – Chickpea Curry is a very simple yet delicious recipe that is made especially for rice. Chole is made in many ways but this chitte chole is our family favourite. It is very easy to make. Once the chole is boiled this dish is ready in no time. Made with simple every day used spices and a little tamarind, this dish is best to be served with rice and salad.
Yield: 3 to 4 serving
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Chickpea Curry
1 cup chole soaked
1 cup onions sliced
1 tablespoon garlic chopped fin
1 tablespoon ginger chopped fine
2 tomatoes cubed
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
1 teaspoon coriander powder
2 tablespoon tamarind pulp
½ teaspoon chilli powder
¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
½ teaspoon jeera powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon jeera (cumin)
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon oil
Directions for Chickpea Curry
- In a pressure cooker add chole, water, 1 teaspoon salt and pressure cook till soft but not mussy.
- Heat oil in a pan; add jeera, bay leaves, ginger, garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the onions and saute till translucent.
- Now add all the dry spices except garam masala and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and tamarind pulp and saute for a minute.
- Now add the chole along with the cooked water, and let it simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Check the seasoning.
- Add the garam masala and coriander.
- Serve with rice.