Palak Ki Kadhi (Spinach Kadhi) is a healthy dish. Generally we add pakora to the Kadhi but this Kadhi has lots of spinach instead. There are two ways of adding spinach to the Kadhi. Either you add chopped spinach to the boiling Kadhi or blanch the spinach and then saute before yogurt is added.
Dark leafy greens like spinach are important for skin and hair, bone health, and provide protein, iron, vitamins and minerals.
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minute
INGREDIENTS For Palak Ki KADHI
2 cups Yogurt (khatta dahi)
2 cups water
2 to 3 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
½ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania)
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
½ teaspoon sarson (mustard seeds)
¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1 green chilli slit
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon oil
1 tablespoon ghee
1 dry red chilli
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon coriander chopped for garnishing
Direction for Palak Ki Kadhi
- In a large bowl mix to gather dahi, besan,turmeric, salt and coriander and whisk enough to mix well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a Kadai, add, fenugreek, ginger, green chilli and hing and then add the palak and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the yogurt mix and bring to a boil while stirring continuously. Once it starts to boil lower the heat and let it boil for 15 to 20 minutes. If required add more water.
- Heat ghee in a small pan; add the cumin, and then the red chilli. Immediately pour it on the Kadhi.
- Check the seasoning. If you want, you can add lemon juice to make the Kadhi tangy.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with Khasta roti or rice.