Oreo Ice-cream is super creamy and delicious ice cream made without an Ice cream maker. It is easily prepared at home. People find it hard to believe that it is homemade and is made without using an Ice maker.
We have other delicious frozen desserts and kulfi such as Orange Kulfi, Kesar Pista Kulfi, Butterscotch Ice-cream, Strawberry and Yogurt Popsicle and Coffee and Chocolate Chip Creamsicle you might like to check out.
Yield: 1½ to 2 liters
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 12 to 14 hours.
INGREDIENTS FOR OREO ICE-CREAM
½ liter full cream milk
7 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoon milk powder
1 tablespoon corn starch
1½ tablespoon GMS (foam booster)
¼ teaspoon CMC (alginate)
½ cup cream
½ teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
250 grams Oreo
DIRECTIONS FOR OREO ICE-CREAM
- In a bowl mix CMC, GMS, milk powder, cornstarch and 3 tablespoon milk and make it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan pour rest of the milk add sugar and bring it to a boil. Now add the milk powder mix and boil by string continuously.
- Reduce the heat to low and boil for 5 to 7 minutes or till the milk is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Now pour this mixture in a freezer safe container and freeze for 4 hours or till almost set but not hard.
- Take it out from the freezer and transfer it in a food processor and add cream.
- Blend at least for 6 to 8 minutes till the mixture is light and frothy and should be at least 1½ liters in volume.
- Break 100 grams of Oreo into 3 to 4 piece and add to the whipped ice cream and churn for a minute.
- Break the rest of Oreo into small pieces.
- Pour the ice cream in a freezer safe container and add the broken Oreo pieces and stir with a spoon. Put a few pieces on top also.
- Freeze for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.