No Bake Mango Cheese Cake is made without egg. I have used homemade paneer (cottage cheese) instead of cheese. The use of paneer instead of cream and cheese makes this cake lighter and healthier. Mango with paneer tastes divine. Fresh mango pulp enhances the taste. This cake is made with all the fresh ingredients and the icing on the cake is, it is very pocket friendly.
I like summer only for mangoes. In India we get really tasty and aromatic mangoes. You are spoiled for choice as there is a large variety of mangoes available in the market.
You may also check-out our Video on making of No Bake Mango Cheese Cake.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR NO BAKE MANGO CHEESE CAKE
200 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
200 grams hung yogurt (dahi)
250 grams sugar powder
2 tablespoon vegetarian gelatin
¼ cup water
1 cup mango pulp
½ cup mango chopped
For the base
200 grams digestive biscuit
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon butter room temperature
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
For the glaze
½ cup mango pulp
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon lime juice
DIRECTIONS FOR NO BAKE MANGO CHEESE CAKE
For the base
- Combine the biscuit and sugar and blend in a blender to a powder.
- Add melted butter, vanilla essence and mix well until all of the crumbs are coated evenly.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the spring-form pan making sure that the crumbs are compact. Press with the back of a tumbler.
- Place in the refrigerator until the cheesecake filling is ready.
For the cheese cake filling
- Pour water on the gelatin and let it bloom for 10 minutes.
- Melt it in the microwave or on heater.
- In a food processor blend the paneer to smooth paste.
- Add the yogurt and sugar powder and whip again.
- Add the mango puree and lemon juice and whip.
- Add the gelatin and whip one last time.
- Mix the chopped mango and pour on the prepared biscuit base.
- Tap the pan and keep in the refrigerator for 6 hours to set.
- Transfer all the ingredients in a pan and bring to boil and let it thicken.
- Let the glaze come to room temperature.
- Pour on the cheese cake.
- Set in the refrigerator.