Nachos Chips is a snack made from corn meal (Makai ka atta) and plain flour. One of the best accompaniments with dips these Nacho Chips made at home are pretty inexpensive but delicious. I have fried them but you can bake them for a healthier version.
I love these nachos with homemade Salsa Dip.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 to 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR NACHOS CHIPS
¾ cup corn meal (Makai ka atta)
¼ cup plain flour
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt to taste.
Warm water to make the dough
Oil for frying
DIRECTIONS FOR NACHOS CHIPS
- Mix all the ingredients and make semi soft dough by adding warm water.
- Cover with a wet napkin and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Make lemon size balls of the dough and flatten them.
- Roll each ball into a thin pancake (roti or tortilla) and cut into 8 triangles.
- With a fork prick ones on each triangle.
- Fry in batches on medium hot oil till golden and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Store in an airtight container when at room temperature.